EAGLES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAGLES FORUM

Christian Debates, Divine Destiny's News and Events

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Passion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amanda A
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:54 pm

recently i've noticed that the passion i had 2 serve God and yield 2 Him is gone..what i mean is that like before i was reading the bible everyday(coz i wanted 2 finish da whole bible b4 the end of the yr.) and pray all the time but now it's like i cant even be bothered and i cant believe i let that fire die down..how do i rekindle the passion i had for God once again...
Back to top Go down
Damian
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:56 pm

Well Amanda I know how you feel, I don't think there is any "Christian" alive who hasn't gone through this. I think I myself am going through this now. I even heard Apostle say he threw his bible in frustration after preaching with fire. (this is not to attack Apostle, so all "bachannalist" false witness, don't bother)
However, I am drawing a reference to show that no one is exempt form this experience. This is why the race is not for the swift, as the word says. Right now you just feeling a little tired, all athletes get tired during training, so we have to slow down and recover, in this period one must control his/her breathing with patience, you may want to sit or lay down. Do what is necessary but make sure you don't rest to long, otherwise your muscles will get cold and your would be more injury prone. Now, this can relate to your spiritual training and development.
You would have to change your approach to reading the word. Read each word carefully, don't rush, pay attention to each word to get get better understanding of what is being said, word for word, word for word.
Change is the only constant in life, anything that is not changing or growing is already dead. So renew your mind, get creative with how you worship in your daily life. Don't just wait till you in church. Give thanks and praise for everything, i mena everything in and around you. Before you were rushing, but GOd is not hasty, so you just need to find that inner calm, be patient and persevere.
Additionally, We must never think we reach or know everything, that is how the fire outs. You see Amanda, it is my personal conviction that Christianity now is not Christianity at all, what we see is a remnant of Roman Catholicsm. But most youths or people for that fact don't realise this. Therefore, we do what we are told or what we see or perceive as the right thing from our kind hearted leaders, who themselves are in the same situation, since this thing is passed from generation to generation. So now subconsciously, there is doubt, because of what we observed, we see preachers die holding on to established doctrines yet talking about being like Christ, but never seemingly able to produce the fruits he talks about. (this is why revelation si so hard to accept an dour beloeved Christianity is in division, which b the wat is contrary to Christ teachings)
So deep in our minds, there is something missing in this whole "church thing; this can't be the be-all and end -all it man."
Bible or real Kingdom Christ-ianity as opposed to worldly christianity is a real powerful yet humble walk and until we exhibit Christ-action and living in the way he has establish, and be able to do what we read Paul and the others did, we should not cease to stop seeking it. One of our problems is our minds are stuck in Church in a building, we like going to church, but we have to start carrying the Church for we are the Church.
We have to be strict and not mix and compormise the word, and forget the TBN-imported, "from foreign",suitcase,revival crusade mentality, amd Seek GOD on our own.
No one nation or sect or individual has all the answers to GOD.
So, Amanda don't try to relight that old flame, start a new fire with new fuel new wood, and keep it burning
Back to top Go down
Amanda A
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:57 pm

wow..Damian alot 4 ur advice i really appreciate it..i really love da part where u said instead of me tryin 2 ignite my old fire i should rather build a new one with new fuel and wood n juz keep it burning..dat's helped more dan u noe...i recently went 2 an all night program n realised juz how much i really missed God coz i wasnt talking 2 Him like i use 2 but now im starting my fire with new fuel and new wood by he next all night program ill be back where i belong....thnx..n remain blessed n favored wherever u may go....
Back to top Go down
Damian
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:58 pm

I'm glad the words were able to help, give THE LORD thanks and praise.
Forgive me with all the typographical errors, i usually write when i'm at the office and the words are spontaneous and i'm multitasking. The message box is kind of small too so I don't really see the errors when i proof read.
However, don't wait on all night services to start the fire, otherwise it will out when there is no all night or when you can't make the one that is about to come up.
"He breathed in man a living sould," so once you're alive keep that open line, for GOD is that eternal light or fire, and you must draw from JAH's <-(Ps 68 KJV) fuel everyday.
peace and blessings of Christ
Back to top Go down
Apostle Vivian

Apostle Vivian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-12-08

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 3:00 pm

The key to obtaining and retaining the fire is maintenance. Maintenance comes by way of true worship, the essence of which is obedience to God's will. God's will is wrapped up in his word and can only be discerned by meditating on the word of God that confronts you to change habits and lifestyle. A thorough reading of Psalm 1 will certainly pay great dividends for you. Why not send for the series of messages that I have just completed on the subject at Divine Destiny. Email us at divinedestiny@tstt.net.tt. Furthermore stop trying to read the bible in a year. What you need to do is meditate on one verse per day, like Israel did with the manna in the wilderness, until it becomes part of you and you begin to live it. I declare that the fire is still within you as a glowing ember waiting for the fuel of word, worship and obedience to ignite it. Go ahead, do it and see what will happen. Shout Gloray!
Back to top Go down
Amanda A
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 3:16 pm

thanx 4 all ur advice....i will start 2 implement them in my life and see how things go..but 4 sum reason i feel as if im slowing losing my relationship with christ...eg this week i did sumthing dat i promised God i would neva do again...and usually when im faced with these 2 temptations God always provides a way so i wont fall into it....but this week i didnt even stop 2 think that there waz another way which God always provides when this particular temptation shows up...and now i feel like im just drowning and just sinking deeper and deeper and there's nobody there 2 help me come up...
Back to top Go down
Damian
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 3:17 pm

Amanda, you are not the first person to go throught this. Infact the holy Spirit through Paul, addressed the issue.
check these two links for romans 7 & 8 meditate on it and you will find an answer.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%207;&version=31;
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=8&version=31
But in case you don't understand, I will be short sweet but real with you.
You jus need to make situational changes in your life.
In your comment above you showed that yon know your own problem. You commiting the same act expecting God to do his majic to show the way out. However, he did this maybe with the hope that you won't find yourself in the same position before, as you shoudl have learnt from your genuine mistake. So Amanada you can't keep doing the same act and expect that God will keep showing you the way out. My friend that is not true repentance, neither is it wisdom. Someone once said insanity is doing the same act and expecting a different result.
To repent is not to say sorry but to make a real change or adjustment, it is a mental decision, or mental state.
Sometimes the answer we need is just a practical one not a "burning bush" experience.
As I write this to you, i am bringing revelation to my ownself, as I too have things that i keep struggling with, but it is within each of us to stop our own foolishness.
psalm 66:18 says, "if I regard iniquity in my heart God will not hear me."
Therefore, if we keep in sin willingly he will eventually cut us off in anger until we trully repent.
There is a wise saying i heard once, if there is no intention, there can be no inspiration.
We have to check our hearts to see where it is at, no one or no situation can cause you to sin. The power is in us. We cannot keep taking God for granted....ok?
Back to top Go down
Amanda A
Anonymous

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 3:17 pm

yeah..i think i get what u mean...once im faced with a temtation i just cant always expect God 2 provide a way for me not 2 fall into it..is that wat u mean...thnx heaps 4 all da advice ur giving me..it's really helping me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Passion Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Passion   My Passion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Passion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EAGLES FORUM :: VARIOUS TOPIC DISCUSSIONS :: Worship-
Jump to: