EAGLES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAGLES FORUM

Christian Debates, Divine Destiny's News and Events

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do we worship on a Sunday?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mharris@
Anonymous

Why do we worship on a Sunday? Empty
PostSubject: Why do we worship on a Sunday?   Why do we worship on a Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 1:27 pm

No Hi Guys,
I was reading the discussion on THE LODGE and came across an URL that was posted by Damian in one of his replies (www.worldslastchance.com) where they were condemning Sunday worship. It really disturbed me because it made me feel as though I would be going to hell for worshipping on a Sunday. Can someone explain why we worship on a Sunday?

Thanking you in advance,
Merissa.
Back to top Go down
Carolyn
Admin
Carolyn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do we worship on a Sunday?   Why do we worship on a Sunday? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 5:27 pm

First of all I want to let you know that worship is not to be confined or put in a BOX called SUNDAY. Worship is a way of life.
When Christians assemble together to worship, we come into the very presence of God (Hebrews 4:16). This involves more than just “going to church”.

It should be a period of devoted worship to God. In keeping with Christ’s command (Matthew 4:10), we should regularly and faithfully worship God.
• Jesus frequented the synagogues (Matthew 4:23; Luke 4:15-38). Where could the people have found Him at any time when seeking Him (John 18:20)?
• Jesus frequented the temple (Luke 2:41-49; Mark 12:35-13:1). Where could the people have found Him when He was in Jerusalem (Mark 14:49)?
• Has Jesus quit assembling with His followers—even today (Matthew 18:20)?

We are prone to think of worship as something that can only occur in a meeting house among Christians. But worship is a broader concept than that. Those acts of worship we participate in during our assemblies [Sunday Service] are really an overflow of a worshipping life—a life of sacrifice and service to God (Romans
12:1). Everything we do is an offering that we lay at the Master’s feet. Worship is not just a specific set of actions in which we publicly engage, but also aseries of actions that overflow from a dedicated heart, and a worshipping life (James 5:13; Philippians 4:6-7; Hebrews 13:15).

That is not to say that we can just be content to worship God by the way we live, and not assemble with the saints for worship. That very attitude shows that we do not have the worshipping heart that we claim.

cheers The New Testament often mentions saints assembling together for worship and mutual edification (Acts 2:46; 11:26; 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:1-2; etc.). Even in the shadow of persecution and death, they made great sacrifices to meet together to worship.

Worship also has secondary benefits. Who else benefits from our assembling together (Hebrews 10:24-25)? Edification builds up and
promotes spiritual growth. Note the importance of edification when Christians assemble together in the following verses.
• 1 Corinthians 14:3-5—
• 1 Corinthians 14:12-17—
• 1 Corinthians 14:26—

We can never overemphasize the importance ofpersonal contact among brethren. It is far more than mere socializing. I would like to to look at these verses and tell me as well as for your own personal answer/satisfaction. What benefit do you see in the personal contact between brethren in each of the following assemblies?
• Acts 11:19-24—
• Acts 14:26-28—
• 2 Corinthians 8:16-24—
• Philippians 2:25-30; 4:16-18—

cheers God Desires Communion. Don’t let the greatness and awesome majesty of God fool you—He desires communion with His creation. Note how He has sought communion with man at various times.
• Genesis 3:8-9—
• Exodus 25:8-9—
• 1 Kings 6:11-13—
• Matthew 1:23—
• Ephesians 2:19-22—
• Ephesians 3:17—
• 1 John 4:12-16—

We cannot bring glory and honor to God by merely following the prescribed acts of worship. We give life to worship and glorify God by other things too—the manner in which we perform worship, the heart which we pour out in devotion, and the majesty of God which we uphold in those acts. To be wholly obsessed with the glory of God is the consuming passion of the true worshipper who lives to exalt God.

“Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness” (Psalm 29:2)
“Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand” (Psalm 95:6-7)
Back to top Go down
DamianR

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-02-27

PostSubject: Don't feel guilty   Why do we worship on a Sunday? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 4:49 pm

My whole reason for posting all that information was for mere education. There is so much darkness in earthly history, which shows that we will never know the whole truth, it has never been told. We have bits and pieces and only God really knows.
It was my hope that one would realise that there are protestants to The Catholic faith which is why we have so many different versions of Christianity, and there is version to which most of us at divine have come from.
However, we are in bound to Christ and no religious organization, so don't be bound by the religious laws of men.
Christ is Lord of the Sabbath and through HIM we live, celebrate and keep and Sabbath. Some people still get caught up in the day. But Christ has said that the Sabbath is to do good and no evil, he told this to men who found him guilty of breaking Sabbatical laws by healing and feeding his hungry disciples on the jewish day designated for the sabbath.
So once you live a life trying to please The Father there is no hell for you. Keep The Sabbath always in your everyday normal living. WE are not bound to Christ for one day, its for life.

blessed love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do we worship on a Sunday?   Why do we worship on a Sunday? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do we worship on a Sunday?
Page 1 of 1