EAGLES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAGLES FORUM

Christian Debates, Divine Destiny's News and Events

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yoga

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Damian
Anonymous

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:20 pm

Apostle.
Is there anything wrong with practising yoga exercises for strenthening the body, since i do not like the 'fast food' results of free weight lifting done in modern gyms? I say fast food b/c once you stop going to those expensive social clubs called gyms you lose everything that you worked for, I am not about vanity, but about functionality, also weitgh lifting supplements are damaing to the body.
I have been down that road already.
So i was looking for something more natural and more lasting that promotes proper functional strength and health.
Additionally, what is wrong with yoga meditation?
Back to top Go down
Apostle Vivian

Apostle Vivian

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-12-08

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Yoga is closely aligned to eastern mysticism. Eastern Mysticism is powered by demonic entities and does not recognize Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Anyone who regards Jesus as Lord and gets involved in yoga will experience a serious conflict of interest and battles in the mind. Now, in order to make yoga acceptable to the relaxation seeker and health buff, the advertisers have carefully tried to separate the excercise regime from the meditation regime. However, I regard such a scenario as trying to paint a wall without getting a single drop of paint falling on you. Yet, the final decision lies with the individual. If you think that you can do yoga exercises and not be sucked in by the OHMS, the chants and the spirit travel, then, help yourself. But I doubt it, just as I doubt that a sailor can sail across the Atlantic without getting splashed on by sea water. Keep seeking, there must be some other way of keeping fit.
Back to top Go down
Damian
Anonymous

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:23 pm

cool
I myself had my doubts which is why i asked.
I guess physical exercise does profit the body little. The only real work is to do God's work. Wait to be filled by the Holy Spirit.
Back to top Go down
Bernice
Anonymous

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:24 pm

hello
yeh, i agree with Apostle. I read this book called "He came to set the captives free" by Rebecca Brown. I highly reccommend that book!! in the book the author goes into detail about yoga and numerous other "newage" things and explains why it is wrong and against scripture. She shows that yoga is connected to eastern religions and the practice of yoga is actually to achieve union with braham (one of the eastern gods)and so on. its not just some excercise as its portrayed to be so please research on it before doing it...hope that helps someone out..
bernice_142@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Ian
Anonymous

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 6:24 pm

I am enjoying the discussion on the yoga.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yoga Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yoga   Yoga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yoga
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EAGLES FORUM :: VARIOUS TOPIC DISCUSSIONS :: Other Topic Discussions-
Jump to: